- Winter & Late Summer taxes due Thursday, February 28, 2019. MCL 211.905b(10), MCL 380.1613. MCL 211.107
- Last day of deferral period for summer property tax levies, if the deferral for qualified taxpayers is Friday, September 14, 2018. MCL 211.51 (7).
- Interest of 1% per month will accrue if the payment is late for the State Education Tax and County Taxes that are part of the summer tax collection. MCL 211.905b (9) and 211.44a (6).
- Examine your Tax Statement carefully. If there are errors, please contact the Taymouth Township Treasurer’s office at 989-624-4159 ext. 26, immediately.
- Summer 2018 Taxes: If not paid, you must pay them in addition to your Winter 2018 taxes. Summer taxes owing are not added to your winter bill. Penalty of 1% per month will be added from September 15th on summer taxes only until they go delinquent with the Winter taxes to the County.
- If your taxes are in ESCROW, do not pay your taxes yourself.
TAYMOUTH TOWNSHIP TAX COLLECTION
We can no longer accept postmarks!
Monday, Wednesday, Fridays 9am – 5pm
Tuesdays 10am – 6pm
Thursdays 7am – 3pm
Closed Daily 12noon – 1pm
Taxes can also be dropped off at the office anytime during business hours or put in the drop box after hours.
Other Tax Information:
Janell Dodak, Treasurer
DECEMBER BOARD OF REVIEW
Pursuant to the provisions of MCL 211.53b, the Taymouth Township Board of Review will meet on Monday, December 10, 2018 at 9:00AM at the Township Hall, 4343 E. Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, MI 48415. The purpose of this meeting is to correct clerical errors and/or mutual mistakes and to hear poverty exemption applications. The Board of Review will also consider property owner petitions requesting homestead and qualified agricultural exemptions from the 18 mil school operating millage.