Taymouth residents who wish to do spring clean up and burn yard waste may do so with burning permits. Permits may be obtained by calling the Taymouth Twp Office at 989-624-4159 or stopping in at the front desk. Permits are free and good for 7 days. They may be renewed by phone.
- Permits are for brush, grass, limbs and leaves only.
- If wanting a bonfire permit you must specifically add it to the request.
- No building materials, petroleum products, tires or shingles are allowed.
- No burning after dark.
- Fire must be attended at all times.
- Watch for wind and dry conditions.
- Watch smoke as not to cause a problem with traffic visibility as well as causing health problems.
- A garden hose, water pails or other tools on site would be advised.
- Person obtaining permit is responsible for the fire, and any damages to other properties that might occur.
- With unsafe burning, the fire department has the right to extinguish the fire.
- Burning permit rules will be enforced.
- In the event of an emergency or fire gets out of control, call 911 immediately.
Taymouth Fire Control Ordinance 91-2; DNR and EPA, Act 451 of 1994